Hong Kong Business Ethics Development Centre
Good governance means good business
In partnership with 10 major chambers of commerce in Hong Kong, the Community Relations Department of ICAC established the Hong Kong Business Ethics Development Centre (the Centre) to collaborate with the business community in promoting business and professional ethics and good governance as important safeguards against corruption and fraud.
Services of the Centre include:
- Providing free consultancy service to help business organisations implement corporate ethics programme to build ethical corporate culture;
- Organising trainings and workshops to enhance staff’s knowledge on anti-corruption law, integrity management and ethical decision making;
- Assisting companies to formulate and review codes of conduct that set the behavioral standards;
- Publishing practical guides, videos and training packages to help trade practitioners and professionals manage ethical issues and prevent corruption; and
- Operating an enquiry hotline i.e. 2587 9812 and a dedicated website to handle service requests and provide resources on anti-corruption and ethics management.
Our client are wide-ranging, including listed companies, small and medium enterprises, board directors and frontline staff of various trades and industries; as well as professionals such as accountants, lawyers and company secretaries. You are welcome to contact us via email or hotline 2587 9812 for more information or request of service from the Centre.
Corruption Prevention Advisory Service (CPAS)
~ Prevention is smarter than cure, and cheaper too. ~
One of the statutory duties of the ICAC is to advise private organisations/companies (including listed companies, small and medium enterprises, non-governmental organizations, etc.) or any persons on ways to prevent corruption. The CPAS is a specialized unit in the Corruption Prevention Department of the ICAC dedicated to providing this service.
Our services include:
- Giving tailor-made, professional corruption prevention advice (e.g. assessing corruption risks, and recommending anti-corruption controls and best practices in relevant industries or business processes);
- Assisting in corruption prevention training (e.g. providing training on corruption prevention in specific business functions/areas to your managers and staff);
- Providing a wide range of corruption prevention guides and tools (e.g. training videos, best practice checklists, toolkits and case studies) through an on-line resource centre; and
- Operating the CPAS hotline to answer enquiries about prevention of corruption (i.e. 2526 6363).
Rest assured that your enquiries and requests will be handled in strict confidence, and our services are free of charge.
If you wish to know more about CPAS or are interested in our service, please visit our website here or call our CPAS hotline.