There are four advisory committees comprising prominent citizens appointed by the Chief Executive to oversee the work of the ICAC. All four advisory committees, independent from the ICAC, are chaired by non-official members.
The Committee oversees the work of the Operations Department of the ICAC.
Terms of Reference
- Receive from the Commissioner information about all complaints of corruption made to the Commission and the manner in which the Commission is dealing with them.
- Receive from the Commissioner progress reports on all investigations lasting over a year or requiring substantial resources.
- Receive from the Commissioner reports on the number of, and justifications for, search warrants authorised by the Commissioner, and explanations as to the need for urgency, as soon afterwards as practicable.
- Receive from the Commissioner reports on all cases where suspects have been bailed by ICAC for more than six months.
- Receive from the Commissioner reports on the investigations the Commission has completed and to advise on how those cases that on legal advice are not being subject to prosecution or caution, should be pursued.
- Receive from the Commissioner reports on the results of prosecutions of offences within the Commission's jurisdiction and of any subsequent appeals.
- Advise the Commissioner on what information revealed by investigations into offences within its jurisdiction shall be passed to government departments or public bodies, or other organisations and individuals, or, where in exceptional cases, it has been necessary to pass such information in advance of a Committee meeting, to review such action at the first meeting thereafter.
- Advise on such other matters as the Commissioner may refer to the Committee or on which the Committee may wish to advise.
- Draw to the Chief Executive's attention any aspect of the work of the Operations Department or any problems encountered by the Committee.
- Submit annual reports to the Chief Executive which should be published.
Membership (as at 1 January 2023)
- The Hon Bernard Charnwut Chan, GBM, GBS, JP (Chairman)
- Mr Samuel Chan Ka Yan, BBS, JP
- Dr Emily Chan Po Shan
- Ms Clara Chan Yuen Shan, MH
- Dr Aron Hari Harilela, BBS, JP
- Prof David Hui Shu Cheong, BBS, JP
- The Hon Carmen Kan Wai Mun
- Mr Johnson Kong Chi How
- Mr Richard Kendall Lancaster
- Mr Felix Li Kwok Hing
- Prof Li Pang Kwong, BBS, JP
- Ms Melissa Kaye Pang, BBS, MH, JP
- Ms Nicole Yuen Shuk Kam
- Secretary for Justice (or representative)
- Commissioner of Police (or representative)
- Director of Administration
- Commissioner, ICAC
Independent Commission Against Corruption
Address: 20/F, 303 Java Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Tel: 2826 4981